Success! Joey and I were finally married September 27, 2008 at 6pm. He looked soooo cute waiting at the end of the aisle and I could not and cannot be happier! The night was absolutely beautiful! And although not on the original date, it was obvious that God knew this wedding would take place on September 27th. Here are just a few blessings in the timing:
- the weather, ironically due to Ike, was Beee-utiful! It was an uncharacteristically cool September night in East Texas
- No mosquitoes or love bugs, the latter due to Ike and the first I still can't put a finger on other than that it's divine!
- our flower girl, who's only 1.5 years old, was given two extra weeks to perfect her walk and made it all the way down the aisle!
- several of our friends who were unable to come on the 13th were able to come with the new date!
- our original photographers were unable to cover the wedding so their main office called in a team that became unexpectedly available from the Baton Rouge team and I loved them so much more than the original photographers!
- extra time for a few little projects like making the candy bags during the hurricane
- getting to see the family pull together to make all of this work. They worked so hard. I'll have to post a few pics later of the before pictures of my family's yard. It's incredible to see it after all the hard work. Doesn't even look like the same yard! I am so blessed to have such a sacrificial and loving family!
- lastly, a cool story - maybe in a few years :)
And we had an a-mazing time on our honeymoon! I will be posting pictures and stories from all soon. Many many stories. Today is our first "normal" Day-in-the-Life so to speak. A new normal. And I am trying to be extra wifely on my first day out and have actually cooked a roast! This is my first attempt at using the brand-new-out-of-the-box crock pot. New crock and new cook. I'll let you know how it goes. Now to have dinner with my husband... :)